Monday, August 9, 2010

.
.
Happy memories of winter
flooded my mind today...
And I smiled
.
Loic & me running across Kathleen Lake
.
Angie & me have quality girl-time
out on the lake!
,
My beautiful AlPine (front) & Duchass (back)
getting ready for a run
.
My Duchass & Ivy (back)...
two brilliant females in my life!
.
My pups were trying to get Sean to move faster!
The trail was waiting & he wasn't going
fast enough for these girls!
.
Only seconds before take off the energy is
always so intense...
.
... and when we are finally on the trail,
there is nothing so peaceful!
.
Here, I was working the vet-check
for the Yukon Quest...
What great folks & What awesome dogs!
.
Wellington LOVES winter
and he always looks so handsome in the snow
;-)
.
And the girls do too
but in their case...they look beautiful
:)
.
.
Now that Adelaide & Sarah are
getting so much bigger
I'm thinking that this winter sure could shape up
to be an interesting one!
.
.
Hummm
As much as I love
winter snow & Northern Lights
the Yukon is magical
no matter what the season
.
.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice images... I bought a sled last year to use with my kids in school and use my rez rescues pulling it. :)
I started a blog called Dog Mushing For Dummies that I add to seasonally as I learn what to do. You live in a a great place.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, i love too the winter snow and the northen light lay down on a road with you, lol!!!! I hope i can have an other yukon winter in my life...
xoxo
Angie

Heather, aka: Mum said...

When you DO (& you WILL) spend another winter with us, it will be even more fun because you will came as a mother, and together we will have the most amazing time with our children :) It is a winter that I dearly look forward to my friend!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I am excited for this winter too! It was tough last year because Hunter wanted outside all of the time, but with the baby it was difficult. Now that Cavan is on the move I think we will be outside all of the time!