Saturday, July 24, 2010

.
.
This summer
we have been doing something new...
As a family unit,
we have been learning to garden...
and the results have been nourishing
our hearts,
.
.
our souls,
.
.
and...
..
.
.
.
.
our tummies!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It will be hard to say good-bye
to the flowers
for another winter
BUT,
saying good bye to
fresh vegetables
on the table every night...
THAT will be
a tough row to hoe!
.
Note to self:
First,
That's not for a time yet so,
I won't muddle my mind with such sad thoughts,
instead, I'll encourage our eyes & tummies
to feast while they can :)
& Second,
I think we need to double the greenhouse
for next year
;)
.
.

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Lovely greenhouse shots Heather - especially the lettuce!

Heather, aka: Mum said...

Thanks :) I love that shot too :) the green is SO yuummy with the light coming through it ! I really hope you are able to come up before the greenhouse season comes to an end!! It's actually FUN to eat salad this summer !!

Anonymous said...

Love the tire planters... great idea. You have a very nice blog.

Heather, aka: Mum said...

Thanks Bruce! The tire planters are growing potatoes (or at least I HOPE they are growing potatoes & not just lushish leaves!) Lots of people do that up here! It's my first attempt though & I fear I put too many seed taters in each planter :( Who knows maybe I'll prosper from beginner's luck ;)

Betty said...

Wow! You have all been working hard on that vegie garden. Everything looks so healthy......must taste good :) Pretty poppies and is that a hosta close by? Those zuccinis look yummy, lovely tomatoes cucumber and lettuce. You must have used some good fertilizer! The potatoes look good. I havn't tried that method of growing them. What are the plants in the third last pic.?
Keep up the good work and enjoy the 'fruits' of your labour :) When does the growing season finish there?