Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ode to a Cat...

Hi, we've never been properly introduced! My name is William, yours is? Never mind that...I'm not great with human names anyways...I think I'll call you Prrrrrrrrrrr if that sits well with you (or not).
So, let me tell you, you've got to be one tough cat to survive THIS cabin...


It's not all about being pampered...
or about lounging around all day...
It's not about ruling the roost either...

No matter where you go,
someone else invades your space...

& just when you think you've got a tiny corner all to yourself...

not only do they CROWD you,
they start to MULTIPLY!!!

but those tiny humans of mine are kind of cute & ...

even a tad cuddly!

If you really work at it...
you can even train them!
They make the perfect back scratching post...
but if you aren't careful...
they slip into old habits...
they call this a HUG...
arrrggg!!!
But like I said...
my humans are kind of cute...

OK...enough of the hugging!
I'm not THAT kind of cat!
Better...gentle...ahhhhhh...right there...
hummmmm...the tummy tickle trick...
That one took awhile for them to catch onto!
Ohhhh....& the ear scratch!
Careful now...
When I insisted on going out at -45
& the big humans didn't stand in the open door waiting for my return,
I accidentally frostbit my ear again...
I frost nipped my ear again...
It's still a bit tender!!
I love the way I can make this one giggle on command!

Time to humour them with the old
"Go Ahead & Yank My Tail" game!
Like I said, it's a tough life in this cabin but,
I think I'm up for the challenge!

7 comments:

Judy said...

Heather,
You are such a good story teller! Love it!

Jude

Anonymous said...

Hi Sean, Heather, and da goils and da cat and all those dogs. My name is Marilyn Travis - I found u one day from urbanyukon - Your post is my most favourite - I am married in Toronto to a wonderful husband just ready to retire and had my son late - 38 - Hurrah for u at 42 (I think that is when the girls were born) - Anyway - I used to live up in Whitehorse in the early 70's - The house that I lived in is now Duffys Pets on Alexander Street - Your husband has the warmth and humour of Red Skeleton - he reminds me of him - I have your site in my fav blogs - YOU ROCK HEATHER - I just saw your site with your hat and guess what - I have the mitts to match - PUNK ROCK SOCK MONKEY MITTENS - Anyway - I always cherish my days up north - in the 70's - and if I was up there now I would want to be your friend - I too quilt - Keep blogging - Your humour is excellent - Maybe one day we can connect - Who knows - In the meantime - as we used to say in those days - KEEP TRUCKIN! (p.s havin trouble postin)

Heather, aka: Mum said...

WOW! Very cool Marilyn! We go to Duffy's all the time (of couse with 37 dogs it's a place we can't avoid!) The owner is a great man & he runs a super business out of your old home! I'll have to tell him you found my blog!!

Sounds like we swaped neighbourhoods! I left the GTA almost 4 years ago...Wish I'd been her in the 70's to see what it was like then! Heck Whitehorse is a booming city now! Well...everything is relative...I'm in the boonies so everything is "City" to me now if it was a TimHorton's!

And, thanks for the comment... :)

Heather, aka: Mum said...

Judeeeeeeeeeeee...... :) I must have picked my husband because of the family that comes with him :):)
Heck...he's pretty special too, all on his own ;)

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

What a kitty! He looks very patient with the girls.

Heather, aka: Mum said...

Oh Kara...I don't know what we'd do if we lost him! The girls love nothing more than hanging out with their buddy William!

Anonymous said...

Heather the girls look great and u look so happy I am glad u found the life u where looking for... I can't get over how much the girl have grown,and how u have. Sean is a lucky man and u are a lucky lady to of found him.. take care my friend and may God Bless your home and look out for u and your family... Thats dogs and cat and all the ravens lol love ya

P.S. Wellington looks great will check in every change I get

chris